This last week has been a whirlwind. It's hard to believe tomorrow will be a week and a half since I established the Go Fund Me page to assist with the cost of our upcoming relocation. It's a bit overwhelming and scary when I think about pulling out of the driveway of Zinn Ranch here in the White Mountains of Arizona and heading to what I foresee as a new, exciting, and successful chapter of this adventure.
For those out of the loop, we are in the process of packing up and heading north to Colorado. About a month ago we were notified that the cabin we are currently renting will be sold. Unfortunately, after months of living with little to no work and under intense financial stress, we were unprepared for this news.
When I set up the page to accept donations I had assumed our housing situation was resolved (aside from the monetary exchange). As I continued communicating with the owner, new information came to light. Though the property was listed as a house it was actually a basement apartment of a house. The fenced back yard I was so excited about for Truman, was not to be available for our use. It was only for the upstairs vacation type tenants. All of a sudden it seemed like an awful lot of money for very little living space. After careful thought and reconsideration, I decided to continue my search for a suitable place for us to live.
With this search came new opportunities. Now our first stop will be to stay in the Sundance Mountain Lodge. They allow for extended efficiency style rentals at a reduced rate. Then in September we will move into a two bedroom house.
This change has forced me to re-evaluate both the Go Fund Me campaign's initial budget and itemized spending.
Spending Thus Far
Registration Renewal $103
Car Repairs $52
Car Payment $260
Loan Repayment $210
Fees Assessed by GFM $64
Total Spent $1004
Efficiency Rental $1070
Efficiency Deposit $100
House Rental $1200
House Deposit $400
Lodging en Route $100
Meals en Route $50
Roof Cargo Mgmt System $60
Travel Gas $120
What does this all mean?
The immediate need is less than expected, with just $500 needed by Saturday when we leave. The rest I hope to accrue by September when we move into the rental house. I am aware the accumulation of these funds may be limited here and that even by extending the campaign we may not meet our goal. Luckily I have a Plan B. This plan depends heavily on my future employment as well as the sale of my rings.
Once again, please accept my deepest thanks to those who generously donated, as well as those who shared my story with others. Little by little has become more than I imagined and has helped more than you will ever know.
Well, I'm off to keep packing and cleaning. Saturday will be here before we know it!